Hyundai Elevator wins Good Design Award 2023
简介Hyundai Elevator said Monday that its smart floor indicator has won Japan’s Good Design Award 2023, ...
Hyundai Elevator said Monday that its smart floor indicator has won Japan’s Good Design Award 2023, one of the four major international design awards.
Launched last November, PI-DD is a smart floor indicator that purifies and sterilizes the air inside the elevator. The display device, sterilizer and air filter are all hidden behind the stainless metal perforated sheet that naturally matches the interior design of the elevator.
The device draws in contaminated air through holes in the hidden side and pushes clean air from the top, which is designed to keep the dust from adhering to the front cover.
By applying magnets to the cover, the users can also easily assemble and manage the floor indicator while reducing the risk of damage.
“After the COVID-19 pandemic, many people felt the need for air purifiers and sterilizers in closed spaces with crowds, such as the elevator,” said Yoon Haak-nam, design center manager at Hyundai Elevator, who designed PI-DD. “Installing a separate air sterilizer hinders the uniformity of the elevator interior, but PI-DD does not.”
According to the jury's evaluation, the product was highly recognized as it is functional, simply designed and easy to clean.
Established in 1957, the winners of the Japan Good Design Award have shown the potential to drive industrial growth and enrich people’s lives with design.
With this new achievement, Hyundai Elevator has been recognized by all four major international design awards, including the iF Design Award, Red Dot Design Award and International Design Excellence Awards.
South Korean and global security experts saw it unlikely for the growing competition between the Uni ...
South Korea's advanced materials maker SKC said Monday that it had decided on a location in Vie ...
North Korea on Monday lambasted South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol for making "hysterical" remarks ...
- Blackpink survives 7
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- Hana Financial signs MOU with Saudi Arabia's EXIM bank to expand cooperation
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- [Herald Review] Musical 'Yujin and Yujin' captivates Taiwanese audience
- Posco to build joint venture with US grain company
- Supreme Court dismisses Buseoksa's appeal in Bodhisattva statue ownership dispute
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- Yoon meets disgraced ex
- Samsung SDI logs record
- Seoul International Pride Film Festival kicks off on Nov. 2
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- Yoon meets disgraced ex
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- [Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’
- North notifies of satellite launch amid concerns
- Cemeteries, columbariums reinvent themselves as sanctuaries for the living
- E. coli found in Echire butter
- Korea, UK to adopt Downing Street Accord to elevate ties: presidential office
- NIS seeking to form Asian cooperative body to counter drug crimes
- 김기현 “한동훈 자질, 대한민국 위해 잘 발휘될 수 있게 할 것”
- Hyundai Steel starts new campaign promoting recycled steel
- [Today’s K
- Jungkook holds live stage event for fans
- Korea, UK will unite for Indo
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- [Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
- Meritz carries out reshuffle for group synergy
- Disney+ brings romance to year's end
- Yoon heads to UK for state visit, eyes deeper security relations
- Korean ramen exports hit record high amid global K
- Prosecutors seek 30
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'