STX issues new shares worth W80b to expand global business
简介South Korean trading company STX said Friday it had decided to initiate a paid-in capital increase o ...
South Korean trading company STX said Friday it had decided to initiate a paid-in capital increase of 80 billion won ($58 million), in a bid to finance funds for expanding its global secondary battery businesses and Trollygo, the company's new business-to-business trading platform to be launched next month.
According to STX, the firm held a board of directors meeting at the STX headquarters in Jung-gu, central Seoul, to decide new issuance of a total of 7.36 million common shares. The prices for the new shares will be announced on Dec. 6.
"APC Mercury, one of STX’s major shareholders, will be participating in the paid-in capital increase process and buy 10 billion won's worth of newly issued shares," an official from STX said.
The new shares will be listed on Korea Composite Stock Price Index on Jan. 5, after allowing existing shareholders to subscribe for new shares first.
The issuance of new shares comes as STX plans to secure necessary funds for expanding its global secondary battery businesses, such as nickel, lithium and graphite operations, the company said.
In August, STX established its Indonesian headquarters, and the company said it expected to start its sales and transportation of nickel in Indonesia in January.
In addition, the newly acquired funds will be spent to expand potential markets for Trollygo, the company's B2B online transaction platform for industrial goods scheduled to go into operation starting next month. The funds will also be used to expand the number of STX's strategic logistics bases for transporting wood pellets.
“As a company that specializes in secondary battery materials, we will expand and strengthen our supply chains around Southeast Asia, South America, and Africa,” an STX official said.
"We will increase our expertise in trading raw materials, industrial goods, and eco-friendly resources, and take the lead in changing the paradigm of trade transactions through Trollygo," he said.
The sense of constriction has become more palpable for Kim Min-hyung, a 30-something office worker i ...
Chinese President Xi Jinping told North Korean leader Kim Jong-un that he is "willing to make bigger ...
Israeli airstrikes hit a densely populated refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, killing at least 50 Pales ...
Korean defense firms head to Egypt defense expo to expand market presence
Exports log first rise in 13 months in sign of trade recovery for Korea
Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war
Yoon's approval rating drops to 33%: Yonhap News Survey
KITA chief touts Ireland’s business
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- Argentinian politician's old tweet mocking BTS angers fans
- 여권 ‘TK 지지율’ 비상…오늘 서울 오는 박근혜에 주목
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- Supreme Court dismisses Buseoksa's appeal in Bodhisattva statue ownership dispute
- [Hello Indonesia] Green growth cements Korea
- Justice and finance at the climate summit
- Yoon replaces 6 ministers ahead of his 3rd year, general election
- Itzy to drop new album, go on second world tour
- Rival parties call for measures after China halts urea exports
- 이재명 "여·야·정 정책협의체 제안…간병비 급여화 서둘러야"
- [Herald Review] Munich Philharmonic sets milestones with Lim Yun
- Buddhists, political leaders bid farewell to late Ven. Jaseung
- S. Korea successfully tests solid
- [KH Explains] Why foreign investors continue to be net buyers despite short selling ban
- About half of top 500 firms remain undecided on 2024 investment plans: poll
- Daewoo E&C seeks to join Indonesia's capital relocation
- '이상민 탈당' 때린 민주 의원들 "국회의장 하려 동지 팔아"
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- 'Single’s Inferno Season 3' returns with no
- Day laborers, low
- North Korea threatens consequences after South Korea launches 1st spy satellite
- Seoul shares end higher on Fed's rate cut hopes
- Seoul Art Center highlights next
- LS Cable develops world’s fastest data transfer cable