Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
简介The full Mahler cycle, collaborations with diverse genres and arts groups as well as fostering talen ...
The full Mahler cycle, collaborations with diverse genres and arts groups as well as fostering talented new musicians -- especially conductors -- will take center stage at the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra, which will kick off its first season with music director Jaap van Zweden.
Beyond that, the new music director and the orchestra will strive to raise quality to the top level, which, according to van Zweden, is “the best promotion for an orchestra.”
“The weeks that I was here, they proved to me that they are in the circle of great orchestras. Now we have to prove every day, every hour, every minute that we are,” he said during a press conference on Monday. “You get that by preparation, discipline and enjoying.”
Next season will feature familiar pieces that the music director and orchestra can experience together.
For instance, the SPO is set to present a number of well-known symphonies in 2024: Mahler Symphony No. 1, Beethoven No. 5, Brahms No. 2, Mozart No. 40, Bruckner No. 7, Shostakovich No. 7 and Dvorak No. 7 and No. 8.
The piano concertos it will perform include: Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5, "Emperor," Brahms Piano Concerto No. 1 and Mozart Piano Concerto No. 23 and No. 24, among others. In the violin concerto category, beloved pieces by Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, Sibelius and Bruch will be performed. As for cello concertos, famous works by Dvorak and Elgar are scheduled.
The star director of hit Korean TV dramas "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" (2016) and "Mr. Sunsh ...
Samsung SDI said Thursday it has posted a record-high revenue in the third quarter, driven by upbeat ...
Meta Platforms has failed to provide a proper channel for communication to uphold its legal responsi ...
- Requirements for zoo licenses set to be toughened
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- Yoon's approval rating drops to 33%: Yonhap News Survey
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
Drug demand rises over surge in ‘walking pneumonia,’ flu
SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
[Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
Meta fails to provide communication channel in Korea: lawmaker
S. Korea's economy grows 0.6% in Q3, unchanged from earlier estimate
유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- Big firms' debt
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- Four days of jazz festivities take over Jara Island
- Samsung, LG, Hyundai closely monitoring potential biz fallout from Israel
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- [Today’s K
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
- IMF raises South Korea's inflation forecast to 3.6% for 2023
- Prosecutors seek 5
- [Today’s K
- 국힘 누비는 김한길과 그의 사람들..."결 다른데" 친윤은 불편
- Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
- 초유의 행정전산망 '먹통'에…野 "한심하다는 말도 아깝다"
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
- Prospects of Yoon's formal meeting with Xi uncertain: Yoon's office
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- Gov't administrative network down for 2nd day; recovery efforts under way
- Rising obesity in S. Korea comes amid doubts over BMI's reliability
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- [Herald Interview] Latvia hopes to boost economic, cultural ties with Korea
- OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
- 인요한 “한동훈, 신선하고 합리적…총선 역할 결정된다면 좋은 일”
- Golf club's 'no Japanese car' policy sparks controversy
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- 민주당 이상민 의원, 내주 與 혁신위와 대담…거취 정할지 주목