S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
简介South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed ...
South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed over 12 percent on-year despite a slowdown in global demand for electrified vehicles, industry data showed Sunday.
According to latest quarterly reports of LG Energy Solution Ltd., Samsung SDI Co. and SK On Co., their combined R&D investment during the January-September period amounted to 1.78 trillion won ($1.38 billion), up 12.5 percent from 1.58 trillion won for the same period of last year.
Of the three companies, Samsung SDI was the biggest R&D investor, with cumulative expenses up 6.7 percent to 836.4 billion won during the first nine months of 2023.
LG Energy Solution spent 730 billion won on R&D this year, marking a 15.2 percent increase compared to the same period last year. SK On's spending jumped 29.6 percent on-year to 220.7 billion won.
Local battery companies are focusing on strengthening R&D efforts, with a particular emphasis on developing high-capacity, high-safety and long-lasting batteries, as well as enhancing the development of price-competitive lithium iron phosphate and cobalt-free batteries. (Yonhap)
By Chung Hwang-keunMinister of agriculture, food and rural affairs“Technology changes agriculture an ...
South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol attended the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework summit in San Fran ...
Fuerza Bruta Wayra, the renowned Argentinian theater production known for its captivating dance perf ...
- 'Violent crimes induced by noise disputes increased tenfold since 2016'
- Seoul to expand monthly transit pass to cover Incheon
- Yoon calls for enhancing connectivity of world economy with APEC at center
- Samsung family pays tribute to late founder
- Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
- Dancers say Street Woman Fighter 2 made dance more approachable
- S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- Film director Jung Byung
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Opposition leader Lee attends arrest warrant hearing at Seoul court
- Revamped Genesis GV80 and first coupe sibling unveiled
- Seoul prepares for first major military parade in ten years
- Israeli forces clash with Hamas gunmen after hundreds killed
- US strategic bomber B
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- Ruling party chief clings on after election loss
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis